Jump to navigation Jump to search
Steel Division: Normandy 44 is a real-time strategy computer game developed by Eugen Systems and published by Paradox Interactive. It was released for the PC on Windows on May 23rd, 2017.
The game takes place during the Second World War in Normandy, France. The game focuses on divisions and features famous divisions from 6 six differents countries on both sides of the war.
Game features[edit | edit source]
- Command Over 400 Historically Accurate Units: Whether fighting for control in intense multiplayer battles with up to 10-vs-10 players going head-to-head, playing alone or working with friends in ranked matches, players will need to coordinate their selection of historically accurate infantry, tanks, aircraft, and support vehicles to counter enemy units in this Tactical RTS game.
- Real-world Tactics: Battles rage over three distinct phases, where different units unlock over time, mimicking the movements of real-world armies and adding variety to the ever-changing theatre of war. A dynamic front line illustrates the ebb and flow of the conflict. Pin down your opponent's infantry to gain the advantage and force a retreat, or push through with a perfectly executed plan.
- Real-world Setting: Using the latest version of Eugen’s IRISZOOM engine, players can smoothly zoom from a tactical aerial view all the way down to a single unit, and see 400 different real-world vehicles and units designed with careful historical detail and accuracy. Maps are designed based on actual aerial reconnaissance photos of Normandy in 1944, requiring real-world tactics and strategies to cover and control.
- Outplan, Outsmart, Outgun: From battlegroup customization to troop positioning and maneuvering, winning battles requires cunning and strategy, not just raw firepower. Each unit lost presents a growing tactical disadvantage, and players will need to fight to gain -- and keep -- the upper hand.
Featured divisions[edit | edit source]
- Guards Armoured Division (United Kingdom)
- 1st Armoured Division (Poland)
- 2nd Armored Division (Free France)
- 2nd Infantry Division (United States)
- 3rd Armored Division (United States)
- 3rd Infantry Division (Canada)
- 6th Airborne Division (United Kingdom)
- 15th (Scottish) Infantry Division (United Kingdom)
- 101st Airborne Division (United States)
German Armed Forces
- Panzer Lehr Division (Heer (Army))
- 3rd Fallschirmjager Division (Luftwaffe (Air Force))
- 12th SS Panzer Division Hitlerjugend (Waffen-SS)
- 17th SS-Panzergrenadier Division (Waffen-SS)
- 21st Panzer Division (Heer)
- 91st Luftlande Division (Heer)
- 116th Panzer Division (Heer)
- 352nd Infantry Division (Heer)
- 716th Infantry Division (Heer)
System requirements[edit | edit source]
- Intel Core i3-2100 (3.1 GHz) or equivalent
- 64-bit Windows 10 / 8.1 / 7
- 3 GB of RAM (4 GB recommended)
- 1 GB & AMD 5570 or nVidia 450
- DirectX compatible sound card
- 32 GB of available hard-disk space.